Katrina Bowden: I'm Planning a Wedding Without a Wedding Planner















01/28/2013 at 06:30 PM EST







Katrina Bowden at the SAG Awards Jan. 27


Jennifer Graylock/FilmMagic


Wedding planning is no pice of cake for Katrina Bowden.

The 30 Rock actress got engaged the night before the 2012 Screen Actors Guild Awards – and a year later, she's still happily together with Ben Jorgensen. Not to mention totally stressed out.

"It's just crazy," Bowden, 24, told PEOPLE right before this year's show on Sunday. "I didn't know anything about weddings, and now I'm starting to learn everything and it's just kind of nuts. There's a lot that goes into it. I don't have a planner, so I'm doing it myself."

A number of things about the process put the star (who wore Badgley Mischka and Forevermark diamonds) on edge.

"[The biggest challenge] is just figuring out when you need to do everything," she says. "Picking a day is really difficult, too. People book things years in advance. I think everything about it is difficult. We don't have a date set, we need the timing to be right, we need our family to be able to go."

Bowden does expect things to take a turn for the better.

"It's hard when you're working, but now that I'm not working, I have a little more time," she says. "It's exciting. It's fun."

Once she eventually does walk down the aisle, she hopes for some special surprises at her reception.

If her costar Tina Fey were to give a speech, says Bowden, that "would be amazing!" Adds the actress: "If she offered, I would totally take her up on it. Tracy Morgan has told me he'd like to sing at the wedding at some point. I was like, 'If you do, I will love you forever.' "

You're reading an article about
Katrina Bowden: I'm Planning a Wedding Without a Wedding Planner
This article
Katrina Bowden: I'm Planning a Wedding Without a Wedding Planner
can be opened in url
http://newsimpunctuality.blogspot.com/2013/01/katrina-bowden-i-planning-wedding.html
Katrina Bowden: I'm Planning a Wedding Without a Wedding Planner